A possible Helpful Doctor. Anyone have any feedback?
Little Rock-based Arkansas Neuroscience Institute Co-founder and Director Ali Krisht, MD, received the 2019 Herbert Olivecrona Award for his neurosurgery work, Arkansas Money & Politics reports.
What you should know:
1. Dr. Krisht earned the honor — sometimes known as the Nobel Prize for neurosurgery — for his cerebrovascular, pituitary and skull base tumor surgery work.
2. He will receive the honor at the Scandinavian Neurosurgical Society meeting, May 19-20 in Stockholm, Sweden, where he will also deliver the conference’s Olivecrona lecture.
3. Dr. Krisht is a renowned neurosurgeon. He earned his medical degree from Beirut, Lebanon-based American University of Beirut and completed a residency at Atlanta-based Emory University.
4. He is Contemporary Neurosurgery’s chief editor and served as Pituitary Disorders: Comprehensive Management’s main editor.
5. Dr. Krisht has written 20 book chapters and 50 peer-reviewed manuscripts. He has delivered more than 170 lectures and has directed more than 40 workshops and hands-on courses.