Linda M. Rio, M.A., MFT
After registering you will receive a confirmation email with details about joining the webinar.
Contact us at email@example.com with any questions or suggestions.
DATE: July 17, 2017
TIME: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time/1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Webinar Learning Objectives:
By attending this webinar participants will:
- Be able to identify at least 3 mental health symptoms that are common to those diagnosed with a pituitary disorder.
- Understand basics of “trauma” and its potential role in the etiology of some pituitary disorders.
- Know how the medical/physiological aspects of pituitary tumors and other pituitary disorders can interact and affect the mental health of patients.
- Recognize the potential impact on the family for those with a member with a pituitary disorder.
- Learn some positive coping skills for both pituitary patients and their family members.
Linda has been a Marriage & Family Therapist (MFT) for over thirty years. She is also the editor/author of The Hormone Factor in Mental Health: Bridging the Mind-body Gap (2014), which includes contributions from some of the world’s top experts in endocrinology, medical family therapy, nutrition, patient advocacy as well as real accounts from patients and their family members. Linda was on the editorial team for Pituitary Disorders Diagnosis and Management (2013), and co-author with her daughter, Tara, of a book about eating disorders. She has authored dozens of articles for professionals as well as the general public on a variety of topics, appeared on radio and T.V. Linda and her husband, Lou, just celebrated their 48th anniversary. They have two children and 3 granddaughters who are now in college.